*The Black Berkey® Elements are made and assembled in the USA
- SKU: BB9-2
- Black Berkey® Elements are the leader in gravity-fed water Filtration, backed by independent testing
- Black Berkey® Elements mechanically extract waterborne pathogens while dramatically reducing protozoa, trihalomethanes, inorganic minerals, heavy metals, pharmaceuticals, pesticides, VOCs, petroleum products, perfluorinated chemicals, rust, silt, sediment and even radiologicals.
- Black Berkey® Elements have been tested by accredited third-party labs that have reported that the elements exceed EPA and ANSI/NSF (Std. 53) protocol, and address over 200+ typical contaminants found in tap water and other freshwater sources.
- Includes: Two 9" Black Berkey® Elements with 2 washers, 2 wing nuts, and 1 priming button
- Installs in the upper chamber of any Berkey system. Elements can also be used to upgrade most other gravity-fed water filter systems
- Sold as a set of 2 elements
- We recommend replacing Black Berkey® Elements every 3,000 gallons (6,000 per set of 2 elements). Elements may require replacement sooner based upon the quality of influent water.
- Re-cleanable during the life of the element
- Elements come with a 2-year, pro-rated warranty
30 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I have purchased these filters before and the water tastes great!
I have been using a Berkey Light water system for around four years and I love it. I top off the water reservoir daily and clean the tanks and filters once a month to ensure cleanliness. The water is not only used for drinking; I use it for cooking as well. Even the cats get fresh bowls of Berkey water each day. I told one of my neighbors about the Berkey filter system and he had to try it to believe it. He said it was the best water he'd ever tasted and drank several glasses - then bought a unit for his household. I always keep spare set of filters and and extra spigot on hand. Everything is easy to maintain and replace. I highly recommend the Berkey water filter system. I trust the filtration of the water and the taste (or lack of) is certainly superior to any other water purifiers I've tried.
My original tank had 2 (out of a possible 4) filters which was fine, however I just purchased 2 more to speed up the process. I always keep 4 gallons ahead of our needs, 1 gal/day, and want to be able to fill a few 5 gallon jugs for emergencies. Great product, and I have tried many.
Needed a product for those times when water is at a premium and the Berky filters do the job . These are the best filters that I've ever purchased and will certainly be buying more for future use .
I had dealt with another company when I originally bought my Berkey and their customer service was unbelievably bad. This is my second order of filters and they shipped promptly and I will only use you company from now on.
The Black Berkey filters I just received passed the food dye test. I expect these filters will do a good job filtering our city water which leaves you with a terrible taste. The service from the distributor (Get Berkey) was excellent. The original filters that came with the Big Berkey filtration system lasted only two years. On average we only used approximately 400 gallons per year. At that rate I expected the filters to last 15 years as advertised (3,000 gallons per filter). The two year warranty is adequate, however it is prorated. I plan to do more food dye testing periodically to verify the filters are working. I did not purchase the original Big Berkey from Get Berkey. I think they would have been a little more sympathetic since I was only a few days beyond the 2 year warranty.
We began using this system last year and were completely satisfied with the ease of filtering and maintenance and the taste and smell of our well water after filtering was wonderful. We recommend this system for clean good tasting and safe drinking water!
We started looking for a water filtration system when we received a letter from our local water utility stating for two testings in a row e. coli was present. We researched different systems and found the Berkey to be the best of the best. Our water now tastes sweet and clean and we are confident it's free of contaminants! We highly recommend this system!
I found instructions to "Do It Yourself" Berkey purification system. While my Black Berkey filters were in transit from Get Berkey.com for only 3 days, I had my water tanks complete and ready to go. The filtered water is great. We are using it daily, but feel relieved in knowing we have an emergency water system if needed. This is great insurance.