*The Black Berkey® Elements are made and assembled in the USA
- SKU: BB9-2
- Black Berkey® Elements are the leader in gravity-fed water Filtration, backed by independent testing
- Black Berkey® Elements mechanically extract waterborne pathogens while dramatically reducing protozoa, trihalomethanes, inorganic minerals, heavy metals, pharmaceuticals, pesticides, VOCs, petroleum products, perfluorinated chemicals, rust, silt, sediment and even radiologicals.
- Black Berkey® Elements have been tested by accredited third-party labs that have reported that the elements exceed EPA and ANSI/NSF (Std. 53) protocol, and address over 200+ typical contaminants found in tap water and other freshwater sources.
- Includes: Two 9" Black Berkey® Elements with 2 washers, 2 wing nuts, and 1 priming button
- Installs in the upper chamber of any Berkey system. Elements can also be used to upgrade most other gravity-fed water filter systems
- Sold as a set of 2 elements
- We recommend replacing Black Berkey® Elements every 3,000 gallons (6,000 per set of 2 elements). Elements may require replacement sooner based upon the quality of influent water.
- Re-cleanable during the life of the element
- Elements come with a 2-year, pro-rated warranty
30 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Good Service and friendly. Satisfied and have had he huge Berkey for over 8 yrs. and would not change. Clear water always.
Water color from spring runoff is removed. Water is clear and tastes great.
Using BB for since 2013....changed out fluoride filters after 3 years...still using the original Black filters...great value on both filters...Big Berkley is well made and easily maintained. Just bought a Berkley Light the review is the same...stick with the black filters as the ceramic filters can break easily...
I know have the great tasting water that I grew accustomed to with the ceramic filters. However, this particular pair of Blackberry filters turned out to be damaged or defective so the first attempt to use them failed. I had several conversation with Customer Service who encouraged me to use the red food dye test and when those results were negative, they sent me two replacements. I now have to return these two defective one. The replacements they sent are working 100% OK and I now have my good tasting, clean water again....thank you.
Hands down, the best water purification system to be found. Have been using these products for almost three months and am convinced that these are of the highest, most reliable quality.
berkey is one of the best. i've had mine for 10 years. wonderful addition for ones home
All I ask of a product is to do as advertised. Berkey Black filters are doing as advertised. The water at my home is very bad tasting and smelling. The township sends out a letter each year to warn people of the quality of water. If you have certain ailments not to drink the water out of tap. Berkey filters are doing the job. No more bad smelling or bad tasting water. Just good Berkey water.
I ordered the Berkey Light and also purchased the additional filters that remove fluoride. It took a little time to prime the filters, but otherwise assembly was quick and easy. My water is now so clean and pure. A great purchase.
I'm very happy with my Berkey water system...so I decided to buy back-up filters. This is a real vote of confidence in their product.