*The Black Berkey® Elements are made and assembled in the USA
- SKU: BB9-2
- Black Berkey® Elements are the leader in gravity-fed water Filtration, backed by independent testing
- Black Berkey® Elements mechanically extract waterborne pathogens while dramatically reducing protozoa, trihalomethanes, inorganic minerals, heavy metals, pharmaceuticals, pesticides, VOCs, petroleum products, perfluorinated chemicals, rust, silt, sediment and even radiologicals.
- Black Berkey® Elements have been tested by accredited third-party labs that have reported that the elements exceed EPA and ANSI/NSF (Std. 53) protocol, and address over 200+ typical contaminants found in tap water and other freshwater sources.
- Includes: Two 9" Black Berkey® Elements with 2 washers, 2 wing nuts, and 1 priming button
- Installs in the upper chamber of any Berkey system. Elements can also be used to upgrade most other gravity-fed water filter systems
- Sold as a set of 2 elements
- We recommend replacing Black Berkey® Elements every 3,000 gallons (6,000 per set of 2 elements). Elements may require replacement sooner based upon the quality of influent water.
- Re-cleanable during the life of the element
- Elements come with a 2-year, pro-rated warranty
30 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Love Big Berkey
Posted by Charlotte on 6th Jun 2020
When we moved about six years ago to a smaller place, we had to mothball our Berkey. We relied on the GE refrigerator filters. We recently took Berkey out of retirement and ordered new filters. There is no comparison in the quality of the water. The coffee tastes better, a plain glass of water tastes better; I know the Berkey filters removed stuff the GE filter couldn't. We bought a small table on Wayfair for it (they have a wide selection) pays to look if you don't have enough counter space. Glad Big Berkey is back!
I have been a fan of the Berkey filtration systems for over 20 years. I have just recently needed to replace my original filters. THe filters that I had did not wear out, even after 20 years, but were broken in a move. I recently recieved myBlack Ber
Posted by Kerry Lynn Prater on 16th May 2020
I love this product!!
Berkey filter system
Posted by Toney DeWitt on 9th May 2020
This is the best filter system I've ever used- no plastic taste like bottled water! Have been using it for several years
Replacement purification elements
Posted by Sandra Kelly on 7th May 2020
We received and installed replacement purification elements, and they are working great! We had excellent customer service in the ordering process, and quick delivery, even in these crazy times of slow mail! Great job, Berkey!
Posted by Salamander on 16th Apr 2020
I’ve made ice without the Berkey and it expands due to the impurity’s but when I use the Berkey filters the ice doesn’t expand. The filtered water tastes so much better that I just can’t drink tap water anymore without it being filtered first.
Posted by Rhonda Reed on 29th Mar 2019
I have had my Berkey for several years. Water tastes great!
fast fresh water
Posted by B on 23rd Feb 2019
Bought these to replace filters in our Berkey. We didn’t realize that our old filters were so done, and that new filters would be so different and awesome but they are! The water tastes even better if that’s possible and our Berkey filters water so much faster now with these new filters. Will definitely use the care tips provided as well and gently scrub the filters from time to time when they begin to slow down. Thanks!
Get 4 Black Filters!
Posted by Kathleen on 7th Sep 2018
I've had my Berkey for about 5 years. I initially purchased 2 black filters and 2 white fluoride filters. I recently replaced all the filters with 4 black filters and 4 white fluoride filters. With 4 black filters the water fills up the reservoir so much faster than with only 2 black filters. Wish I would have started out with 4 black filters. So worth having 4! I use to have to wait more than 24 hours for the reservoir to fill up with filtered water. Now it fills up virtually instantly. The water taste better, too. My Berkey is a 3 gallon capacity in the top tank. I think it's the Big Berkey. That is a perfect size and to have 4 filters makes it perfect.
Posted by Kay Philpot on 2nd Apr 2018
Replaced 2 filters which lasted only 2 years. Hopefully these last longer!