Set of 2 Black Berkey Filters and a Set of 2 PF-2 Fluoride Filters
*The Black Berkey® Elements are made and assembled in the USA
- SKU: BB9-2
- Black Berkey® Elements are the leader in gravity-fed water Filtration, backed by independent testing
- Black Berkey® Elements mechanically extract waterborne pathogens while dramatically reducing protozoa, trihalomethanes, inorganic minerals, heavy metals, pharmaceuticals, pesticides, VOCs, petroleum products, perfluorinated chemicals, rust, silt, sediment and even radiologicals.
- Black Berkey® Elements have been tested by accredited third-party labs that have reported that the elements exceed EPA and ANSI/NSF (Std. 53) protocol, and address over 200+ typical contaminants found in tap water and other freshwater sources.
- Includes: Two 9" Black Berkey® Elements with 2 washers, 2 wing nuts, and 1 priming button
- Installs in the upper chamber of any Berkey system. Elements can also be used to upgrade most other gravity-fed water filter systems
- Sold as a set of 2 elements
- We recommend replacing Black Berkey® Elements every 3,000 gallons (6,000 per set of 2 elements). Elements may require replacement sooner based upon the quality of influent water.
- Re-cleanable during the life of the element
- Elements come with a 2-year, pro-rated warranty
PF-2 Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Filters
The PF-2 reduction elements screw onto the bottom of the Black Berkey water purification elements and work in conjunction to adsorb the following unwanted elements found in drinking water.
• Arsenic V and pre-oxidized Arsenic III
• Other residual heavy metal ions
FLUORIDE: Testing for fluoride was based on 20-30ppm of the ion in the influent aqueous solution at a flow rate of no more than 3 gpm (11 lpm) per cubic foot of media. Results of < 1ppm of the fluoride ion in the effluent were typical for the media (>95% reduction). Under optimum conditions, effluent concentrations of less than 50 ppb were readily achieved (>99.75% reduction).
ARSENIC: This product uniquely targets the entire family of arsenic oxide anions as well as the arsenic cations.
REPLACEMENT: Under normal circumstances, a set of 2 fluoride filters should be replaced every 1000 gallons